E mail instructions

Add your e mail address to the box above to receive regular updates

Go to Allrighters Home

Go to or visit the Allrighters' website.

Friday 19 September 2014

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery – I recall being told.






My writing and reading - 'shelfie'



On 17 September Mary Tod on a post on her awriterofhistory website reports Derek Birks author of Feud, A Traitor’s Fate and Kingdom of Rebels tagged her to create a ‘writer’s shelfie’ with books that are important to her writing. Mary chose ten which seemed to her like a reasonable number, although she says she could have selected a lot more.



To imitate a good idea I will do the same. Thanks - Derek and Mary ... also downloaded one of your books Derek so your post worked. Interesting to compare with Tony Riches recent book  Warwick - The Man Behind Wars of the Roses. My 'Selfie' books must have been in recent use as I found them easily ... a surprise.



My baker’s dozen are as above from - help in my own writing at the top of the pile - down through reference works for writing technique and then books which I would like to have written towards and at the bottom.


More detailed comments to come in a later post



Douglas and Alexander – fact and fantasy twin brothers.




No comments:

Post a Comment